In this step, we’ll be making a NAND backup. This is a 1:1 copy of your DSi internal storage, which we can use later on to setup hiyaCFW and NO$GBA.
We highly recommend that you do this. A NAND backup can be used as a restore point in the future, in case your DSi stops working.
- Download the latest release of dumpTool
dumpTool.ndsanywhere on your SD card
- Launch the Homebrew Launcher through your exploit
- If you have already installed Unlaunch, use Unlaunch’s homebrew launcher instead by holding (A) + (B) on your system boot and selecting it in the menu
- Follow the on-screen prompts
- This usually takes around seven minutes
- Hit the (START) button on your Nintendo DSi to exit when it is completed
- Power off your console and insert your SD card back into your computer
- Store this backup somewhere safe, where you won’t lose it
- If possible, make multiple backups across different storage devices
The SHA1 hash of the
nand.bin will not match the hash stored in
nand.bin.sha1. This is because dumpTool adds additional data known as a NO$GBA footer to the
nand.bin file after the SHA1 hash is calculated. You can use the hiyaCFW Helper to create a copy without the footer.
Continue to Installing Unlaunch (Optional)