Installing or uninstalling Unlaunch may randomly brick your console! You have been warned!
WARNING: An uninstall of Unlaunch may brick your Nintendo DSi. Here are some cases on why you may want to uninstall Unlaunch but with solutions that don’t require uninstalling.
- The Unlaunch Background is scary: Reinstall Unlaunch using the new instructions. They now contain instructions on how to change the background
- There is no Splash screen and the music is missing: Reinstall Unlaunch using the new instructions. They now contain mitigation instructions
- My system is bricked: This page isn’t for you then, as it requires a working system in order to uninstall Unlaunch
To reduce the chances of bricking, make sure that you have not installed any non-legit DSiWare to your System NAND (the SDNAND redirection provided by hiyaCFW does not count), or have otherwise tampered with system files.
- Download the latest version of Unlaunch
UNLAUNCH.DSIfrom the Unlaunch archive and copy it anywhere your SD card
- Hold A + B on system boot
- Select the
UNLAUNCH.DSIfile you just downloaded
- It will say that the system will become “useless”, which is the developer’s (nocash) way of saying it will be back to the way it was before Unlaunch was installed
- When completed, reboot (power down and power back on) your system in order to verify Unlaunch uninstalled properly