What is homebrew?
Homebrew applications are custom, user-made software, which haven’t been authorised by Nintendo. This can include save editing tools, games, emulators, and more.
Homebrew can be run for free on your DSi as long as you have a copy of Flipnote Studio.
What does this guide install?
This guide will take you through to installing a permanent Homebrew Launcher entrypoint with sudokuhax, using the ugopwn exploit to install it. From there you will be able to have full access to your DSi’s internal storage.
What should I know before starting
- This guide currently only works on USA consoles
- Support for EUR and JPN consoles is releasing soon
- Homebrew allows you to modify your system, which could easily result in a brick if done improperly
- Be careful when restoring modified NAND backups and make sure to test them in NO$GBA before restoring them
- Keep your console plugged in at all times during this process to avoid sudden power loss
- You will need an SD card to use this guide
- Your console should come with one