This will replace your DSi’s System Menu with TWiLight Menu++, and run it whenever you power on your DSi console.
Replacing the System Menu with TWiLight Menu++ will allow for a few advantages over the built-in System Menu:
- TWiLight Menu++ can allow for more DSiWare than the System Menu
- TWiLight Menu++, in many cases, can allow for SD cards greater than 2 GB to work
- You can copy your entire SDNAND to a larger SD card once this process is done, and it will likely work out of the box
- TWiLight Menu++ provides a unified interface for launching NES, GB(C), DS, and DSiWare titles
In this configuration, TWiLight Menu++ is effectively acting as an open source alternative to the System Menu.
- The latest release of TWiLight Menu++
- Open the TWiLight Menu++
- Copy the contents of the
SDNAND rootfolder in the
DSi - CFW usersfolder to the root of your SD card
- Copy the
romsfolders to the root of your SD card
- Copy the
DSi&3DS - SD card usersfolder to the root of your SD card
- On Windows, merge files when asked to
- Eject your SD card, and insert it in your DSi
- Power on your DSi while holding SELECT
Autoboot titleis not checked, navigate to it and press A
- Press START to save and continue booting
- TWiLight Menu++ will appear
TWiLight Menu++ is now your System Menu. If you want to run DSiWare, wait for steps on how to run them to appear.