If you like the guide, please consider donating via PayPal.
If you have any issues or problems, ask on our Discord Servers.
ugopwn is an exploit that allows for homebrew access on all DSi firmwares. It requires you to have a copy of Flipnote Studio already installed on your console. There is currently no way to install Flipnote Studio without homebrew without hardmodding your system.
Since ugopwn can be very time consuming, we will install a faster entrypoint instead, which launches the Homebrew Launcher a few seconds after you start the application.
As of now, ugopwn only supports USA consoles, however a EUR/AUS and JPN release have been promised to come soon.
- The latest release of ugopwn
- The latest release of twlnf
- The latest release of Python 3
- The latest release of DSi SRL Extractor
- Install Python 3 on your computer
- Open the System Settings application
- Select Data Management > System Memory > Flipnote Studio > Copy > Yes
- If Data Management isn’t appearing, open the DSi Shop, close it, and then try again
- Once finished, power off your device
- Take your SD card out of your console and insert it into your computer
- Copy the contents of the ugopwn
.zipfile to the root of your SD card
- Copy the contents of the twlnf
.7zfile to the root of your SD card, and rename
- Copy the contents of the DSi SRL Extractor
.zipfile to a folder on your Desktop
- Open the SD card drive on your computer
- Navigate to /Private/DS/Title/
- Copy the
.binfile to your DSi SRL Extractor folder
- Run the console_id
.pyfile inside the folder
- This script requires WINE on Mac/Linux/*nix systems
- When prompted, press Enter
- Copy the new console_id
.txtfile to the root of your SD card
- Eject your SD card and insert it back into your DSi