File Extensions (Windows)
Join the DS⁽ⁱ⁾ Mode Hacking! Discord server for guide development and help.
This is an add-on section for disabling Windows's default behavior of hiding file extensions, which will make finding referenced files in the guide much easier for you.
Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 users
- Launch File Explorer by opening any directory, such as your SD card directory
- Click the "View" option on the ribbon menu
- Check the box labeled "File name extensions"
Windows 7 users
- Open the start menu by clicking on it or using the Windows key
- Search for "Folder Options" and select the corresponding result
- Click the "View" option at the top of the Folder Options menu
- Make sure the box labeled "Hide extensions for known file types" is unchecked